Monday, June 11, 2012

Ups and Downs

The plan for tonight was to get off the bus, get off the subway, go grocery shopping, shower, and go to sleep. Well... after the shower, I was more awake than I've been all day. So I ate half a bag of Thai sweet chili-flavored Pop Chips, spent 20 minutes talking to my landlord/person, and changed my address on every single credit card account I have. And I'm on my second episode of Mad Men.

This weekend was... long. And kind of sad. I mean, everything is really exciting right now and I have absolutely no complaints, but I was overcome with a few waves of sadness this weekend. At one point, I was sitting in my bedroom, drawers open, boxes all over the place, and just getting teary-eyed. I'm not really too attached to my apartment, but knowing that I won't be living above my grandparents anymore is sad. Realizing that I can't just call my mom and see if she wants to go shopping on Saturday mornings is disappointing. Thinking that I probably won't see Matt for a while now is really... sucky...

AT THE SAME TIME... I'm excited about moving into a new place and looking forward to exploring the area. I'm really can't wait to have my own kitchen again and cook (... defrost ...) healthier and more interesting dinners at night again. And I'm really looking forward to working out again, even if it's not in a gym for a while. I'm thrilled to finally be living with Matt—when he gets to the Manhattan. Which... should hopefully be in the next few weeks. Hopefully less than a month. We're not entirely sure. He's almost positive he has a job waiting for him in Soho, though, so that's one less thing to worry about.

This weekend was all packing, all the time. My apartment, Matt's bedroom, my grandparents' front room. I drove a truck for the first time ever and survived the experience. We bought a computer desk, we ate with my family, we got so much done today... But it was just like every other day in the past month. Nonstop. Feeling like I'm going to run out of time at any second and worrying that I'll forget to do something extremely important. I've been so on-edge lately; I can't wait to finally be settled.

Speaking of... I have to email the moving company before I forget... And I need to stop eating these g.d. Pop Chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment